Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pioneer Woman, Cows on roids and/or Cowboys and Indians.





After a long baseball season. I am returning to my blog. No I'm not a Baseball player, far from it. I'm a slightly crazy female living in Mo, who loves the Internet and all its weird and bizarre sites and people.

Sooo lets begin with one of my favs. It to is a blog. but by far better than this one here. Its called Pioneer Woman. ( http://thepioneerwoman.com ) I started to read her (Ree) blog back in the early part of 07. It grabbed me and hasn't let go since. I was fascinated by her writing. Her photos and all around oddness. And one hunky looking husband. Cowboys intrigue me. Why you ask? Well because i am a full-blooded Indian. No not from OK. but SD. Yes id heard stories about how Cowboys swindled and stole land from Indians. But yet there were those Cowboys who helped the Indian. Ok OK i admit im not a expert about Cowboys or Indians for that fact. Heck, i was adopted and lovingly raised by a family of white folks. Mennonites to be exact. My childhood was...welll...good, bad and ugly. But thats a story for another time. So what i really know about my heritage could....well fill a thimble.

Im one of those people who if they find something they like, i have to dig into it and read the underbelly side. I am also one of those people who doesnt believe every little thing written on the Internet is true. I take it with a grain of salt so to say. So i confess i did google and archive PW a little. and it was WILD Reading!! If everything i read about Ree and her Husband and his family was true it would be like DALLAS! (gotta be old to know that show). I did alot of laughing and some snorting, But Honestly who cares if some of MMs family has been pulled over for speeding. You ever drive thru that part of the country??? anyone?? I have numerous times on my way to *Punka* City. and you can't help driving fast just to feel your getting somewhere. The only thing out there is Cows, fields and rocks. So do i believe that Rees husband, MM, beats her and is mean to her? nah. She'd go all kung fu on him and he'd be riding his horse funny for days. Do i believe his ancient relatives took land from the Indians?? probably. But who cares. that was long ago. And whats up with the money?? So many places Ive read about Ree and Family, people are always asking, complaining and whining about the D's Money. Who cares if they have money. I'm sure running a cattle ranch that size isn't cheap. Heck Ive only got an acre of land and its expensive. But if the city passes the chicken law here....MUAHAHAA ill have chickens before Ree. lol god I'm lame.






So anyway I'm fascinated by Cowboys. so sue me. and i love to read PW. Oh and by the way Ree if you ever read this...I still have a Brother who's a Orthopaedic Surgeon you can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment