Sunday, August 22, 2010

Me. all about ME! ME! ME!

Im stepping away from my travels but will return soon to them. The pic is were i work now. so on to me


Yes, I'm from Colorado. I lived there for like forever, oh alright til i was 22. But that was only because i was forced to go to college in a MN.

So back to Colorado. I grew up just downwind for Coors. Which might explain for my slight madness. I'm not what you would call an out going person. Not really shy, but a loner. I aspired to be a hermit or is that hermitess? i really had no friends. For i was different, i was a Indian in a white world of Country clubs and kids from the other sides of the tracks. i was middle class. I was outta place. I was adopted, and they weren't. I was picked on, spat on. Oh sure i had my close neighborhood friends i grew up with, but even than i knew sooner or later they would go off and join the other kids. I was the odd man er woman.


I went to a different high school, than those i knew. I was trouble!! muahaha!! no not really. I went to an alternative school. My parents were divorced, i was living with my sister. i was 16. My school was in Evergreen, 35 miles from home. i road a bus 4 times a day to and from there. I was partying with my sister. i was outta control. I started to miss school to go hang with friends on the 16th mall. or take a bus clear across Denver to Cinderella City, a mall. or drink a gallon or two if coffee at Perkins. I was drunk in school, i was lying about the things i was doing in school to graduate, I terrorized the teachers or as they were called Advisers, at my school. No one there knew i was headed for a major blowout. Maybe they should have, but i was good at hiding things.

My high school shared a parking lot with The Jefferson County Sheriffs office. We got drunk behind it and went to school after. I got into fights. both teacher and student. I was dramatic, threatening, scared, silent and drunk. I was having panic attacks all the time. i was a even suicidal. i was 16. My mind raced with wild thoughts, good and bad. My only friends at school were carrying guns, M and C. G and N were just following along. i have no idea why. Than M and C got expelled. and i crawled into a bottle. I was a cutter way before it was popular. The School was no help, i was ignored and so i finally lied my out. i was 18.

I lived with my sister for the next few years, and finally went to college. MN. Yep way way way up north. So close to the Border i could throw rocks at the Canadians. No not really. it was about 45 mins away to rock throwing distance. I made some good friends there, both male and female. My fav is now a mom of 2 and was in the Army, her recruiter didn't like me. LOL. Than there were the 2 brothers, i always loved them, but they were totally different to each other. The older one, was so odd and weird and funny, i loved him to pieces. (Cabal) He was trouble but in a good sense, He was also out to save the world from...um never mind. The younger one was cute, but yet full of himself. but it fit him. I always knew he was destine to be a cop, or something in that field. He had that cop look to him. and i loved him too. He kept our feet on the ground many times. There this one from Minneapolis, she was dark, mysterious and weird. lol she still is. but with a bagpipe now. There was nothing she didn't know about Sci-fi, medieval times and music. god she had talent. She still does. There was the 2 who got married, i still laugh about the times she would come over to get her soon to be husband who would be passed out on our floor. or MrMonotone, he was silent, cool, nerdy, and a geek. We spent some time in Denver together. There was K, who after one fight between the bros that he broke up, wished that The love Boat would hit a landmine. ( it was the only thing on TV and tensions were high) I still laugh about that.

After college i moved back to CO. I spent a couple years there, Mostly drinking and partying with my sister and my college bud. I knew i didn't want to stay in CO forever. The city was getting so big. I was thinking about where my older Brother lived with his wife and kids. Than one day Mom said she was thinking of moving there. So together we went. It was Feb 1995. I left everything i had ever known behind, including my dog. I wish i had brought him. My sister had him now so i knew he was in good hands.

I now lived in MO. A hop and skip from Branson. The Hillbilly Capital of the world. My new town had raised Brad Pitt, Bob barker and had Bass Pro. It moved at the pace of turtles. I loved it.







cont....

No comments:

Post a Comment