Sunday, February 14, 2010

Welcome. One of my favorite sites.



Well i couldn't decide where to start. So i figured i might as well start with one of my favorite websites for seeing things i never even knew existed. The interesting thing about this website, is that it pertains to Russia aka Soviet Union. I saw Soviet Sub bases, Pics of Moscow and its people as they were in the 50s, 60s, 70s. Abandoned Cold War Military base pics. Chernobyl, as it was before and after the nuclear meltdown.

I find it interesting that Russia has so many abandoned cities, businesses, towns, Military bases. Chernobyl, Bechyovinka, Kadikchan, Kola just to name a few of the Cities abandoned. Uralmash was a company that destroyed acres and acres of land just to be built and than abandoned. I understand that so many of these places were abandoned after the Soviet Union Collapse. One of the most interesting abandoned places i looked at was Stalins Gulags. And the stories told about life in them.

I could go on and on about Russia. But ill save some for later. So if you get a chance Visit this website and come back and let me know what you think.

www.englishrussia.com









Kola

No comments:

Post a Comment